The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Professional Java Tools for Extreme Programming
Ant, XDoclet, JUnit, Cactus, and Maven
The Extreme Programming (XP) methodology enables you to build and test enterprise systems quickly without sacrificing quality. In the last few years, open source developers have created or significantly improved a host of Java XP tools, from XDoclet, Maven, AntHill, and Eclipse to Ant, JUnit, and Cactus. This practical, code-intensive guide shows you how to put these tools to work — and capitalize on the benefits of Extreme Programming.
Using an example pet store application, our expert Java developers demonstrate how to harness the latest versions of Ant and XDoclet for automated building and continuous integration. They then explain how to automate the testing process using JUnit, Cactus, and other tools, and to enhance project management and continuous integration through Maven and AntHill. Finally, they show you how to work with XP tools in the new Eclipse IDE.
Complete with real-world advice on how to implement the principles and practices of effective developers, this book delivers everything you need to harness the power of Extreme Programming in your own projects.
What does this book cover?
Here are some of the things you'll find out about in this book:
- How to automate the building of J2EE apps and components with Ant and XDoclet
- Techniques for automating Java testing using JUnit
- Procedures for automating servlet, JSP, and other J2EE testing using Cactus
- Ways to automate Swing testing with Jemmy, JFCUnit, and Abbot
- How to manage projects using Maven
- Techniques for automating continuous integration with AntHill and Cruise Control
- How to harness plugins for JUnit, Cactus, and Ant in the Eclipse IDE
- Ways to implement Extreme Programming best practices
Who is this book for?
This book is for enterprise Java developers who have a general familiarity with the XP methodology and want to put leading Java XP tools to work in the development process.
769 pages; ISBN 9780764572746
, or download in
Title: Professional Java Tools for Extreme Programming
Author: Richard Hightower; Warner Onstine; Paul Visan; Damon Payne; Joseph D. Gradecki; Kate Rhodes; Robert Watkins; Erik Meade
The Innovators 2014 US$ 16.99 528 pages