Beginning VB.NET 2003
In Beginning VB.NET 2003, three expert authors guide you through the basics of building working applications, creating windows and boxes, handling unexpected events, using object-oriented programming, and more. You’ll learn to use menus, toolbars, dialog boxes, and other controls in Windows applications, and how loops and branching structures function in decision-making. You get a thorough overview of object-oriented programming concepts and theory.
After mastering these levels, you’ll be able to explore database programming, look into creating ASP.NET applications for the Web using Web forms, and get a basic introduction to XML. Finally, you can discover how functionality offered online can be integrated seamlessly into your applications with Web services.
What does this book cover?
Here just a few of the things you'll learn in this book:
- Programming basics, how VB.NET functions, and the principles of the .NET Framework
- How to work with data structures and build and deploy Windows applications
- Object-oriented programming concepts and theory
- Debugging and error-handling techniques LI>
- What you need to know about Web services and .NET remoting
- How to build class libraries, create your own custom controls, and program custom graphics
- Database programming with SQL Server and ADO.NET
- A basic understanding of mobile applications and how to build them
Who is this book for?
This book is for beginning programmers who have chosen VB.NET as their first programming language, and also for programmers who know other languages but are new to .NET programming.
840 pages; ISBN 9780764571565
, or download in
Title: Beginning VB.NET 2003
Author: Thearon Willis; Jonathan Crossland; Richard Blair
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide 2015 US$ 49.99 960 pages
New Digital Storytelling, The: Creating Narratives with New Media 2011 US$ 49.00 296 pages
CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, 8th Edition (Exams 220-801 & 220-802) 2012 US$ 60.00 1664 pages
Mastering HTML5 Forms 2013 US$ 17.99 148 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > C ; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > Bertrand
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > BASIC
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Computers > Programming Languages > Visual Basic