The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Under The Spell Of The Gauge Principle
The chapters are tied together by thoughtful commentaries which provide a background and the illumination of hindsight - together they form a clear and coherent picture of the physical and theoretical importance of gauge theories and the gauge principle. This book is ideal for students and researchers.
Gerard't Hooft is Professor of Theoretical Physics at the University of Utrecht, The Netherlands. He has taught at Harvard, SLAC and Caltech prior to his present position. Other distinguished honors include being awarded the Dannie Heineman Prize, the Honorary Doctorate of Science from the University of Chicago, Wolf Prize of the State of Israel, Pius XI Medal (Vatican), and the Lorentz Medal (KNAW, Amsterdam).
Contents: Renormalization of Gauge Theories; The Renormalization Group; Extended Objects; Instantons; Planar Diagrams; Quark Confinement; Quantum Gravity and Black Holes; Epilogue.
Readership: Theoretical physicists.
698 pages; ISBN 9789812384997
, or download in
- Academic > Physics > Elementary particle physics > Particles (Nuclear physics); Congresses
- Academic > Physics > Elementary particle physics > Gauge fields (Physics)
- Academic > Physics > Nuclear and particle physics
- Academic > Physics > Physics; History
- Science > Quantum Theory
- Science > Solid State Physics
- Science > Experiments & Projects