The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Adult Education and Lifelong Learning
Theory and Practice
This is the third edition of Peter Jarvis' classic textbook, Adult and Continuing Education, which established itself as the most widely used and respected book about education for adults today. In this new edition, the author has made extensive revisions and included substantial additional material to take account of the many changes that have occurred in the field of adult education.
Additional and updated material in this much-anticipated new edition includes:
- a discussion on both globalisation and Europeanisation, indicating the pressures that have been exerted on the educational system to change
- a greater emphasis on lifelong education, lifelong learning and society
- an extended discussion on the theorists of distance education and introductory material on
- e-learning and on-line learning
an updated look at changes in UK policy and European policy documents
- new material on the relationship between research, learning and the changing approaches to knowledge, with more emphasis placed on action learning and research.
393 pages; ISBN 9781134377909
, or download in
More from this author
- The Theory and Practice of Learning2003US$ 51.95209 pages
- International Dictionary of Adult and Continuing Education2002US$ 58.95228 pages
Differentiated Instructional Strategies Professional Learning Guide 2013 US$ 32.95 161 pages
IB Theory of Knowledge 2013 US$ 39.69 450 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Private school education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education