The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
A Practical Guide to Mentoring, Coaching and Peer-networking
Teacher Professional Development in Schools and Colleges
Written for staff in schools and colleges, this book offers the challenge and support necessary to understand, analyze and adopt coaching, mentoring and peer-networking mechanisms as an essential part of the development of professional learning within an organisation. Drawing on the new national strategy for professional development, it emphasises the importance of learning with and from other colleagues, helping your organisation to become a professional learning community and supporting the drive to raise standards and attainment.
Organised into nine distinct but interrelated chapters, this is an invaluable sourcebook of practical information for in-service training. It contains a range of stimulating activities which engage the reader and encourages reflection on:
* the nature and importance of professional development in schools and colleges
* the potential benefits and difficulties associated with coaching, mentoring and peer-networking
* factors essential to the successful establishment and management of coaching and mentoring programmes
* team leadership and leadership coaching
* the role of the coach, mentor and networker with respect to the creation of professional learning communities.
152 pages; ISBN 9781134369577
, or download in