Teaching School Subjects 11-19
This accessible and thought-provoking book considers what beginning teachers need to know about learning, teaching, assessment, curriculum and professional development, in the context of teaching mathematics to eleven to nineteen year olds. It is part of a new series of books that has as its starting point the fact that PGCE students are already subject specialists.
The authors show how mathematics teachers can communicate their own enthusiasm for the subject and inspire their pupils to learn and enjoy learning. They provide practical advice which will help teachers and student teachers to:
- plan, organize, manage and assess classroom work
- make decisions about the content, ordering and level of difficulty of lessons
- make sense of new subject material and how it contributes to wider educational aims
- develop professionally by developing the subject as a whole.
This is a comprehensive introduction to teaching mathematics in the secondary school which will be invaluable to teachers beginning their careers and those who are training to be mathematics teachers.
248 pages; ISBN 9781134359271
, or download in or
Author: Candia Morgan; Clare Tikly; Anne Watson
Biology for the IB Diploma 1753 US$ 47.00 415 pages
Leading Change Step-by-Step 2010 US$ 29.95 226 pages
The Common Core Companion: The Standards Decoded, Grades 3-5 2014 US$ 34.95 289 pages
Experience And Education 2007 US$ 8.73 96 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Vinogradov, Ivan Matveevich, 1891-
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Periodicals
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics; Study and teaching; Great Britain
- Academic > Mathematics > Elementary mathematics
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Curricula