Creativity in Schools
Tensions and Dilemmas
Creativity in schools is changing, with greater emphasis being placed on creative skills across the curriculum than ever before. This shift has thrown up some challenging questions which this book tackles head-on in order to better understand the implications of this change and the effects on pedagogy and policy. The questions raised include:
- What is creative learning?
- How does it relate to creative teaching?
- How do we organize the curriculum to nurture creativity?
- What pedagogical strategies support creativity?
- How is creative learning different to effective learning?
- What responsibilities do schools have for stimulating creativity in relation to society, ethics and the wider environment?
Laying out the key concepts in the current debate on creativity and placing them in a broader context based on practice, policy and research, this volume sets the agenda for future discussion and suggests practical ways to encourage pupils’ creative development in a new and more thoughtful way.
217 pages; ISBN 9781134346967
, or download in
Title: Creativity in Schools
Author: Anna Craft
Biology for the IB Diploma 1753 US$ 47.00 415 pages
Leading Change Step-by-Step 2010 US$ 29.95 226 pages
The Common Core Companion: The Standards Decoded, Grades 3-5 2014 US$ 34.95 289 pages
Experience And Education 2007 US$ 8.73 96 pages