The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Drought Management and Planning for Water Resources
With contributions from a prestigious international panel, the book presents best management practices that maximize efficiency, reliability, and economy while minimizing the potential for adverse effects to the environment and human health. Providing appropriate methodologies, the chapters discuss how conjunctive water use can increase water availability in the developing world and what types of conjunctive use schemes are the most promising. The book examines the feasibility of a drought watch alert system and the legal and administrative framework required. It also explores the application of the Optimization Models and the Decision Support Systems to the study of different water management alternatives under drought conditions. Drought Management and Planning for Water Resources delineates how to reduce drought effects through pro-active vision, good management, and conjunctive use of water sources.
265 pages; ISBN 9781135461188
, or download in
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes
- The Environment > Water Management
- The Environment > Conservation
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology
- Business > Industries