The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Feminism, Discourse and Conversation Analysis
Gender Talk provides a powerful case for the application of discursive psychology and conversation analysis to feminism, guiding the reader through cutting edge debates and providing valuable evidence of the benefits of fine-grained, discursive methodologies. In particular, the book concentrates on discourse and conversation analysis, providing a full account of these methodologies through the detailed study of data from a variety of settings, including focus groups, interviews, and naturally occurring sources. Providing a thorough review of the relevant literature and recent research, this book demonstrates how discourse and conversation analysis can be applied to rework central feminist notions and concepts, ultimately revealing their full potential and relevance to other disciplines. Each chapter provides an overview of traditional feminist research and covers subjects including:
* Sex differences in language: conversation and interruption
* Reformulating context, power and asymmetry
* Gender identity categories: masculinity and femininity.
This unique and thought-provoking application of discursive and conversation analytic methodologies will be of interest to students and researchers in social psychology, sociology, gender studies and cultural studies.
224 pages; ISBN 9781134577675
, or download in or
More Language Arts
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > General
- Academic > Languages and Linguistics > Philology. Linguistics > Language. Linguistic theory. Comparative grammar
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Social Psychology
- Social Science > Gender Studies
- Social Science > Feminism & Feminist Theory
- Social Science > Women's Studies
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Communication