500 Tips for Tutors
This book presents over 500 practical suggestions designed to help tutors establish active learning amongst their students. Divided into useful sections the tips cover the entire range of teaching and learning situations and comprise a 'start anywhere', dip-in resource suitable for both the newcomer and the old hand.
Intended mainly for the university or college lecturer involved in learner-centred learning, this resource offers fresh ideas and food for thought on six broad areas of the job:
- getting the students going
- starting off, and working together
- the programme itself - lectures, assignments and feedback
- helping students to learn from resources
- assessment: demonstrating evidence of achievement
- skills for career and life in general.
This lively and stimulating book will prove invaluable to lecturers, tutors, teachers, trainers and staff developers.
144 pages; ISBN 9781134292073
, or download in or
Title: 500 Tips for Tutors
Author: Sally Brown; Phil Race
Worksheets Don't Grow Dendrites 2010 US$ 33.95 169 pages
Biology for the IB Diploma 2015 US$ 47.00 415 pages
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Higher education > Teaching personnel
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Teaching (Principles and practice)
- Academic > Education > Theory and practice of education > Education and training of teachers and administrators
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Education > Higher
- Education > Adult & Continuing Education
- Education > Evaluation