Environmental Values in a Globalizing World
Nature, Justice and Governance
This multidisciplinary volume presents a refreshing new approach to environmental values in the global age. it investigates the challenges that globalization poses to traditional environmental values in general as well as in politics and international governance.
Divided into five parts, the book investigates how environmental values could be reconceived in a globalizing world.
Part I explores contemporary environmental values and their implications for a globalizing world.
Part II examines the development of Western and Eastern environmental values
Part III discusses contemporary environmental politics
Part IV examines how values inform environmental governance and how governance solutions influence which values are realised
Part V concludes the volume with two different views of the prospects of environmental values in a globalising world.
This study will be of great interest to students and researchers studying the environment in philosophy, political science, international relations, international environment law, environmental studies and development studies.
256 pages; ISBN 9781134289202
, or download in or
Title: Environmental Values in a Globalizing World
Author: Ian Lowe; Jouni Paavola
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Environmental policy > Environmental policy, general
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Periodicals and societies
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental sciences > Environmental policy
- Academic > Geography > Environmental sciences > Environmental policy
- Academic > Environmental Sciences > Societies, etc
- Political Science > Economic Policy
- Political Science > International Relations
- Political Science > Public Policy
- Business > Sustainable Development
- Business > International