An Introduction to the History and Practices of a Discipline
Making History offers a fresh perspective on the study of the past. It is an exhaustive exploration of the practice of history, historical traditions and the theories that surround them. Discussing the development and growth of history as a discipline and of the profession of the historian, the book encompasses a huge diversity of influences, organized around the following themes:
- the professionalization of the discipline
- the most significant movements in historical scholarship in the last century, including the Annales School
- the increasing interdisciplinary trends in scholarship
- theory in historical practice including Marxism, post-modernism and gender history
- historical practice outside the academy.
The volume offers a coherent set of chapters to support undergraduates, postgraduates and others interested in the historical processes that have shaped the discipline of history.
320 pages; ISBN 9781134546947
, or download in or
Title: Making History
Author: Peter Lambert; Phillipp Schofield
Access to History for the IB Diploma: Peacemaking, peacekeeping - international relations 1918-36 2012 US$ 22.38 249 pages
Killing Patton 2014 US$ 12.99 304 pages
Unbroken 2010 US$ 11.99
History for the IB Diploma: The Great Depression and the Americas 192939 2012 US$ 16.00 242 pages