The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
An Introduction to the History and Practices of a Discipline
Making History offers a fresh perspective on the study of the past. It is an exhaustive exploration of the practice of history, historical traditions and the theories that surround them. Discussing the development and growth of history as a discipline and of the profession of the historian, the book encompasses a huge diversity of influences, organized around the following themes:
- the professionalization of the discipline
- the most significant movements in historical scholarship in the last century, including the Annales School
- the increasing interdisciplinary trends in scholarship
- theory in historical practice including Marxism, post-modernism and gender history
- historical practice outside the academy.
The volume offers a coherent set of chapters to support undergraduates, postgraduates and others interested in the historical processes that have shaped the discipline of history.
320 pages; ISBN 9781134546947
, or download in or
More from this author
- Political Violence and the Construction of National Identity in Latin America2006US$ 95.00257 pages
- Perspectives on Modern German Economic History and Policy1991US$ 50.00297 pages