The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Classical Modern Philosophy
A Contemporary Introduction
Classical Modern Philosophy introduces students to the key philosophers of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, and explores their most important works. Jeffrey Tlumak takes the reader on a chronological journey from Descartes to Kant, tracing the themes that run through the period and their interrelations. The main texts covered are:
- Descartes' Meditations on First Philosophy
- Spinoza's Ethics
- Locke's Essay Concerning Human Understanding
- Leibniz's Discourse on Metaphysics and Monadology
- Berkeley's A Treatise Concerning the Principles of Human Knowledge and Three Dialogues between Hylas and Philonous
- Hume's An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding and Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion
- Kant's Critique of Pure Reason
Classical Modern Philosophy is the ideal textbook to accompany a course in the history of modern philosophy, but each chapter can also be studied alone as an introduction to the featured philosopher or work. Jeffrey Tlumak outlines and assesses prominent interpretations of the texts, and surveys the legacy of each great thinker.
384 pages; ISBN 9781134475612
, or download in or