The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Age of the Inquiry
Learning and Blaming in Health and Social Care
The plethora of inquiry reports published in the fields of health and welfare in the 1990s covered the full range of user groups, individuals and institutions. What similarities or differences were there between these inquiries? How effective were they in bringing about change? Whose interest did they best serve?
These are some of the questions The Age of the Inquiry explores in detail, bringing together distinguished contributors with personal experience of chairing or providing evidence to inquiries to consider:
the participant's view of inquiries
the purpose of inquiries
the impact of inquiries on health and social policy
inquiries into: child abuse and death; homicides by mental health service users; the abuse of adults with
learning disabilities; the abuse of older people.
Wide-ranging in scope, The Age of the Inquiry focuses on service and policy development. It provides an invaluable text for students, teachers and professionals from a wide range of disciplines and professional groups.
304 pages; ISBN 9781134456642
, or download in or
More from this author
More Social Science
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Europe
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Europe > General
- Academic > Public Affairs > Public Affairs > Europe > Germany
- Academic > Public Affairs > Political institutions and public administration > General. Comparative government > Political rights. Political participation
- Academic > Health Sciences > Public aspects of medicine > Medicine and the state > Medicine and society. Social medicine. Medical sociology
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (Europe) > General
- Academic > Political Science > Political institutions and public administration (Europe) > Germany
- Medicine > Allied Health Services
- Medicine > Health Care Delivery
- Medicine > Nursing
- Political Science > Social Policy
- Political Science > Federal Government
- Political Science > Public Affairs & Administration
- Social Science > Social Work