The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Taking into account the latest research on the subject, David Shotter has updated this second edition of Tiberius Caesar throughout and provides a concise and accessible survey of the character and life of Tiberius Caesar, heir of Augustus Caesar and emperor of Rome from AD 14 to AD 37.
Tiberius Caesar sheds light on many aspects of the reign of this enigmatic emperor, including the influential and often problematic relationships Tiberius maintained with the senate, his heir Germanicus and Sejanus.
Other key topics discussed include:
* Tiberius's rise to power
* Tiberius's struggle to meet the demands of his role
* how far Tiberius's policies differed from those of Augustus
* why Tiberius retired from official duties in AD 26.
Also included is a revised and expanded bibliography and a new index, all of which, added together, makes for an invaluable book in the study of Roman history.
124 pages; ISBN 9781134364183
, or download in
- Academic > History > History of Italy > Ancient Italy. Rome to 476 > History > By period > Empire, 27 B.C. - 476 A.D.
- Academic > History > History of Italy > Ancient Italy. Rome to 476 > Geography. Description and travel
- History > Ancient > Rome
- History > Military > World War II
- Biography & Autobiography > Historical
- Social Science > Sociology
- History > Great Britain
- History > Europe
- History > World
- History > Asia