The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Managers Learning in Action
Rather than offering either a purely practical or theoretical context, this text is written by a team of managers and academics, combining theory and practice to create a holistic, and above all realistic, exploration of learning at work, including real life examples of management challenges. Whether rescuing an ailing organization or managing inter-organization relations, managing change or managing human resources, many of today's crucial management challenges are addressed. Covering a range of sectors, the organizations studied include those in:
- hi-tech manufacturing
- government agencies.
Contributors are drawn from three well-established academic programmes: the Irish Management Institute/ University of Dublin Masters in Management Practice; the US Benedictine University PhD in Organizational Development and the Henley Management College DBA, and the volume is edited by the academic directors of these programmes.
By offering these managers' own reflections on their experiences in the context of relevant management theory, this text provides an important and innovative contribution for those studying organizations as well as for those managers who are currently learning and developing at work.
204 pages; ISBN 9781134350940
, or download in or
More from this author
- Organizational Change and Strategy2005US$ 59.95257 pages
- Collaborative Strategic Improvement through Network Action Learning2011US$ 40.00220 pages
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Labor. Work. Working class > Labor market. Labor supply. Labor demand
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management > Location of industry
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Management. Industrial management > Organizational behavior
- Business > Management
- Business > Development
- Business > Organizational Behavior