The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
From Concepts to Design
A thorough introduction to building for the non-expert, this book is a one-stop book reference source for knowing everything important about building structures.
- follow the history of structural understanding
- grasp all the concepts of structural behaviour via step by step explanations
- apply the concepts to a simple building
- see how the concepts also apply to real buildings from Durham Cathedral to the Bank of China
- use the concepts to define the design process
- see how the concepts inform design choices
- understand how engineering and architecture have diverged and what effect this has had
- learn to do simple but relevant numerical calculations for actual structures
- enter the world of structural theory and see how modern techniques are applied.
With over 400 pages and over 1000 user-friendly diagrams, this book is a must for anyone who has to or would like to understand the fascinating world of structures.
541 pages; ISBN 9781134306503
, or download in
- Academic > Engineering > Building construction > Architectural engineering. Structural engineering of buildings
- Academic > Engineering > Building construction > Decoration and decorative furnishings
- Architecture > Design & Drafting
- Architecture > Public, Commercial, or Industrial Buildings
- Technology > Engineering > Civil
- Technology > Construction
- Business > Industries