The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Perspectives on Complementary and Alternative Medicine
This book explores the challenging issues associated with complementary and alternative medicine in the context of the social, political and cultural influences that shape people's health.
Divided clearly into three sections, this book:
- sets out the general context of social change, consumption and debate around the rise of public interest in CAM
- argues for and against different classifications of CAM
- critically assesses the importance of ethics and values to CAM practice and how these inform what practitioners do
- focuses on the question of what people want, the changing and contested nature of health, and the nature of personal and social factors associated with the use of CAM, leading to a focus on 'therapeutic relationships'
- examines the diversity of settings in which CAM takes place and the social, political and economic milieu in which CAM is provided and used.
Together with its accompanying text, Complementary and Alternative Medicine: Structures and Safeguards, it forms the core text for the Open University course K221 Perspectives on Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
421 pages; ISBN 9781134265343
, or download in
10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse 2014 US$ 9.99 304 pages
The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet 2014 US$ 14.99 288 pages