The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Climate Change and Water Resources in South Asia
This book addresses the most pressing water resource issues in South Asia, particularly in relation to climate change and variability. This is a region characterised by abundant water during the monsoon, when devastating floods occur, and by scarcity of water and droughts during the dry period. These extreme events often cause substantial damage to infrastructure, property, livestock and human populations. Agriculture and other key economic sectors suffer greatly during these events. The results of climate and hydrologic models indicate increased vulnerability unless adequate adaptation measures are designed and implemented. Such policies need to rely on a framework that includes active participation of the stakeholders.
347 pages; ISBN 9781134219919
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes
- The Environment > Climate Change
- Science > Biology
- Science > Environmental Science
- Science > Meteorology
- Science > Earth Sciences
- Technology > Environmental Engineering & Technology