Scottish Company Law
The second edition of this successful book incorporates many important developments, such as the changing judicial approach to directors' duties and disqualification orders, recent developments in auditors' liability and the effect of the House of Lords decision in Sharp v Thompson. New legislation includes the Competition Act 1998 and the Human Rights Act 1998. Recent work of the Law Commissions on Shareholder Remedies and Directors Duties is examined.
The ongoing debate on corporate governance is brought up to date with the incorporation of the Greenbury and Hampel Reports and the Combined Code on Corporate Governance and the work of the DTI on reform of company law is explained.
380 pages; ISBN 9781135343293
, or download in or
Title: Scottish Company Law
Author: Brian Pillans; Nicholas Bourne
No Higher Calling, No Greater Responsibility 2008 US$ 16.95 184 pages
No Place to Hide 2014 US$ 9.99 256 pages
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Private international law. Conflict of laws > Commercial law > Business associations. Business corporations
- Academic > Law > Law in general. Comparative and uniform law. Jurisprudence > Comparative law. International uniform law > Civil law > Property
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Large industry. Factory system. Big business > Corporations
- Academic > Law > Law of the United Kingdom and Ireland > Scotland
- Academic > Economics > Industries. Land use. Labor > Industry
- Law > Corporate
- Law > Business