The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
For students aged 10+ requiring assistance in understanding math concepts related to fractions.
56 pages; ISBN 9781863971751
, or download in
1.Jessica has three bread rolls and has cut them into quarters.
How many quarters does she have altogether?
2. Simon has four red marbles and six blue marbles. He gave two of
the red marbles to Fiona and three of the blue marbles to John.
What fraction of each color did Simon give away?
3. Natalie has six pieces of fruit and two pieces are bananas.
A third of the pieces are apricots and the rest are pears.
How many of each fruit does she have?
4. There are ten students in the art class. One fifth of the class are
painting and two
tenths of the class are drawing. Six tenths are making pottery.
How many students are doing each activity?
5. Mark has sixteen apples and Tony has eight. Mark has eaten
eight of his apples and Tony has eaten three.
What fraction does Mark have left?
What fraction does Tony have left?
6. Sandra has twelve socks in her draw. One third of the socks are red and the rest are blue. How many blue socks does Sandra have?
7. Donelle is sharing her birthday cake with four friends. She has cut the cake into ten pieces. What fraction will each person receive?
8. Tarlie has counted twenty students in her class and has noticed that five of the students wear glasses. What fraction of the students do not wear glasses?
9. Fiona and Peter played twelve games of chess. If Fiona won nine games, what fraction did Peter win?
10. Steve sells hot dogs at the football. He had enough supplies for 100 hot dogs. At the end of the day he had twenty hot dogs left over. What fraction did Steve sell?
11. In Jamie's math quiz there were 30 questions of which he answered twenty five correctly. What fraction did Jamie answer incorrectly?
12. Jason is captain of his soccer team and there are twelve boys in the squad. Four boys were injured in the last game. What fraction of the team were injured?
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Digital Leadership 2014 US$ 27.95 265 pages