For students aged 10+ requiring assistance in understanding math concepts related to number.
56 pages; ISBN 9781863971768
, or download in
Title: Remedial Number
Author: Jane Bourke; Rod Jefferson
Solve the Word Problems
1. Tiffany spent $1.30 at the candy shop and Jacinta spent $6.55.
What was the total amount spent?
2. Jake had $364 saved in the bank. He also had
$28.75 in his pocket and $3.80 in his car. How much money did he have altogether?
3. Brad ran 6.23 km on Sunday afternoon and then 5.79 km on
Monday. On Tuesday he jogged a distance of 24.4 km. What was the total distance he ran over the three days?
4. Alison and Matt were comparing prices for computers and
printers. They were shown three separate deals. The first
deal included a printer costing $989 and a computer costing
$2899. The second deal involved a secondhand printer at
$755 and a computer marked at $2995, and the third deal
had a printer for $905 and a computer for $2795.
Which is the least expensive package?
5. Chrissie and Shane were painting the parlor. They used 395 mL of paint on
coat and then another 275 mL touching up the corners. They then coated the walls
another time and used up 455 mL.
How much paint did they use altogether?
6. Donelle read six books during the week with the following number of pages - 354, 633, 23, 855, 125, 122. How many pages did she read altogether?
7. Tarlie grows sunflowers in her garden. Last year she counted 276 flowers
and this year
she counted 452 flowers.
What is the total number of sunflowers she has grown?
8. Billy had 657 jelly beans in a jar. He gave some to Samantha, and he now has 534 left. How many jelly beans did he give to Samantha?
9. Kyle weighed 97.54 kg. After taking up exercise he lost 13.85 kg. What is his current weight?
10. Amanda and Taylor spent most of the weekend doing assignments. On
worked for 5 hours and 15 minutes. On Sunday morning they worked 3 hours and 10
minutes and in the evening they spent another 3 hours and 35 minutes studying.
What was the total amount of time they spent studying?
11. In a basketball season, Michael scored 143 points, Kimberly scored 167 points, and Megan scored 25 points. What was their combined score?
From Discipline to Culturally Responsive Engagement 2013 US$ 34.95 233 pages
The Edcamp Model 2014 US$ 11.95 73 pages
The Adult Student's Guide to Survival & Success 2008 US$ 12.00 176 pages
Teacher Evaluation to Enhance Professional Practice 2000 US$ 24.95 167 pages