Discriminant Analysis and Statistical Pattern Recognition
"For both applied and theoretical statisticians as well as investigators working in the many areas in which relevant use can be made of discriminant techniques, this monograph provides a modern, comprehensive, and systematic account of discriminant analysis, with the focus on the more recent advances in the field."
–SciTech Book News
". . . a very useful source of information for any researcher working in discriminant analysis and pattern recognition."
Discriminant Analysis and Statistical Pattern Recognition provides a systematic account of the subject. While the focus is on practical considerations, both theoretical and practical issues are explored. Among the advances covered are regularized discriminant analysis and bootstrap-based assessment of the performance of a sample-based discriminant rule, and extensions of discriminant analysis motivated by problems in statistical image analysis. The accompanying bibliography contains over 1,200 references.
Title: Discriminant Analysis and Statistical Pattern Recognition
Author: Geoffrey McLachlan
QuickBooks 2015: The Best Guide for Small Business 2015 US$ 30.00 465 pages
Hadoop: The Definitive Guide 2012 US$ 39.99 688 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Multivariate analysis
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Latent variables
- Academic > Mathematics > Probabilities. Mathematical statistics > Discriminant analysis
- Academic > Mathematics > General
- Mathematics > Probability & Statistics
- Computers > Information Technology