Treating Drug Problems
Drug abuse continues to be a dire—and costly—health problem in our country; research suggests that 10–20% of the U.S. population may have substance abuse problems. Yet, despite the prevalence and impact of substance abuse, progress in drug treatment programs is lagging. The primary reason is related to problems in communicating new research findings and translating them into new policies and treatments.
Treating Drug Problems helps to bridge the serious gap between scientific research and practice, pointing the way to a more promising future in the treatment of drug problems.
As part of the new Wiley Series on Treating Addictions, this highly practical resource offers up-to-the-minute guidance on effectively diagnosing and treating the full spectrum of common drug problems. Whether you are an addictions counselor, mental health professional, physician, or student, you can use this all-in-one guide as a stepping-stone to search for better treatment options for your clients.
Treating Drug Problems highlights the importance of a biopsychosocial model in understanding and treating drug problems and covers all of the major issues, including:
- Defining and recognizing drug problems
- Influences of age and gender
- Utilizing professional resources
- Developing effective treatment plans
- Recovery tools, programs, and theories
- Post-treatment recovery management, including relapse prevention
Supporting this expert coverage is the reader-friendly series format, which features quizzes, checklists, "Research Frontier" boxes, problem-solving scenarios, suggested resources, and more. A must for anyone who works with individuals experiencing drug dependence or addiction, Treating Drug Problems will equip you with the tools you need to design successful interventions and promote a lasting recovery.
338 pages; ISBN 9780471716334
, or download in
Title: Treating Drug Problems
Author: Arthur W. Blume
More Social Science
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down 1998 US$ 9.99 339 pages
The Corner 2013 US$ 12.99 576 pages
- Academic > Health Sciences > Internal medicine > Neurosciences. Biological psychiatry. Neuropsychiatry > Neurology. Diseases of the nervous system > Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Personality disorders. Behavior problems
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychopathology > Addiction
- Social Science > Social Issues > Drug Addiction & Substance Abuse
- Self-Help > Substance Abuse & Addictions
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy