The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Child Art Therapy
Since 1978, Judith Aron Rubin's Child Art Therapy has become the classic text for conducting art therapy with children. Twenty-five years later, the book still stands as the reference for mental health professionals who incorporate art into their practice. Now, with the publication of this fully updated and revised Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Edition, which includes a DVD that illustrates art therapy techniques in actual therapy settings, this pioneering guide is available to train, inform, and inspire a new generation of art therapists and those seeking to introduce art therapy into their clinical practice.
The text illustrates how to:
- Set the conditions for creative growth, assess progress, and set goals for therapy
- Use art in individual, group, and family situations, including parent-child pairings, mothers' groups, and adolescent groups
- Work with healthy children and those with disabilities
- Guide parents through art and play
- Talk about art work and encourage art production
- Decode nonverbal messages contained in art and the art-making process
- Use scribbles, drawings, stories, poems, masks, and other methods to facilitate expression
- Understand why and how art therapy works
Along with the useful techniques and activities described, numerous case studies taken from Rubin's years of practice add a vital dimension to the text, exploring how art therapy works in the real world of children's experience. Original artwork from clients and the author illuminate the material throughout. Written by an internationally recognized art therapist, Child Art Therapy, Twenty-Fifth Anniversary Edition is a comprehensive guide for learning about, practicing, and refining child art therapy.
, or download in
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Diseases of children and adolescents > Mental disorders. Child psychiatry
- Academic > Health Sciences > Pediatrics > Examination. Diagnosis
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Child & Adolescent
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Psychotherapy > Art Therapy
- Art > Art Therapy
- Medicine > Pediatrics