Field Techniques in Glaciology and Glacial Geomorphology

Field Techniques in Glaciology and Glacial Geomorphology by Bryn Hubbard
All Geography and Earth Science students carry out fieldwork as part of their studies, either on supervised field courses or independently as part of an extended project. Field Techniques in Glaciology and Glacial Geomorphology provides students with accepted and practicable techniques for addressing their chosen research.

This book begins by exploring the role of field data acquisition and covers the practical aspects of preparing for fieldwork, discussing key logistical considerations. The remaining chapters focus on a specific aspect of field glaciology or glacial geomorphology. Examples are provided in the interaction between fieldwork and theory in glaciology, and of the acquisition and treatment of field data. Each chapter provides a background to the topic, followed by useful methodological information, such as how to construct and deploy field instruments, and concluding with suggestions for projects utilising the techniques discussed.

• An accessible text focusing on practice rather than theory.
  • Covers the main approaches and techniques available in glaciology and glacial geomorphology.
  • International case studies show each method in practice.
  • Allows an understanding to be gained of how the data presented in key papers were gained.

This book is essential for 2nd/3rd year undergraduate students of Physical Geography, Environmental Science and Earth Science, taking courses in glaciology, glacial geomorphology and glacial geology. It is an excellent reference for professional glaciologists, geologists, environmental consultants, engineers, geophysicists and lecturers, researchers and postgraduates working and teaching in the field.

Wiley; July 2005
Title: Field Techniques in Glaciology and Glacial Geomorphology
Author: Bryn Hubbard; Neil F. Glasser

Buy, download and read Field Techniques in Glaciology and Glacial Geomorphology (eBook) by Bryn Hubbard; Neil F. Glasser today!