The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Teaching of Psychology
Essays in Honor of Wilbert J. McKeachie and Charles L. Brewer
The Teaching of Psychology is centered around the masterful work of two champions of the teaching of psychology, Wilbert J. McKeachie and Charles L. Brewer, in order to recognize their seminal contributions to the teaching of the discipline. The book's main goal is to provide comprehensive coverage and analysis of the basic philosophies, current issues, and the basic skills related to effective teaching in psychology. It transcends the typical "nuts and bolts" type books and includes such topics as teaching at small colleges versus a major university, teaching and course portfolios, the scholarship of teaching, what to expect early in a teaching career, and lifelong learning.
The Teaching of Psychology also features:
- Biographies of Bill McKeachie and Charles L. Brewer
- Fourteen chapters written by leading authorities in the teaching of psychology, which provide overviews of the latest psychological research and theories in effective college and university teaching. These chapters cover lecturing, classroom presence, using humor in teaching, pedagogy, advising, teaching critical thinking, writing, and technology, and training graduate students to teach
- Useful advice to new teachers and seasoned veterans, including qualities of master teachers, understanding the many facets of working within the academy, and teaching with technology
- Insights into teaching specific courses within the psychology curriculum, including the history of psychology, biological psychology, statistics and research methods, learning, social psychology, personality, psychology of women, cross-cultural psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, psychology of religion, and environmental psychology
- A closing section containing Bill McKeachie's and Charles L. Brewer's perspectives into the teaching of psychology and its history, highlights, and future.
This book is intended for academic psychologists who teach and/or train graduate assistants to teach at the college and university level. All royalities from this book will be donated to the Society for the Teaching of Psychology (Division 2 of the American Psychological Association), which each year sponsors many activities across the country to promote the teaching of psychology.
352 pages; ISBN 9781135644154
, or download in or
More from this author
- Handbook of Research Methods in Experimental Psychology2008US$ 224.95518 pages
- Handbook of the Teaching of Psychology2008US$ 93.95372 pages
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Energizing Brain Breaks 2013 US$ 19.95 65 pages