How does the Galaxy work?
A Galactic Tertulia with Don Cox and Ron Reynolds
This book is not a new edition of a previous volume but it is in some way related to the book "The Formation of the Milky Way" (1995; Cambridge University Press), which contains the proceedings of the first IAA-IAC-University of Pisa meeting, held in Granada ten years ago, on the formation of the Milky Way, (see Shore’s introduction).
Where many other books focus their attention on singular galactic components or specific driving forces, this title provides a wide overview on the gaseous and stellar components and on the physical mechanisms which maintain the dynamical equilibrium of such a complex system as the Galaxy.
The book, intended for graduate students and researchers, provides a valuable overview on the different physical mechanisms which drive the galactic gas-stars feedback.
453 pages; ISBN 9781402026201
, or download in
Title: How does the Galaxy work?
Author: Emilio Javier Alfaro; Enrique Perez; José Franco
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Stars
- Academic > Space Sciences > Descriptive astronomy > Galaxies; Congresses
- Academic > Space Sciences > General > Nautical almanacs
- Academic > Space Sciences > General > Lenses
- Science > Astronomy
- Science > Physics
- Science > Astrophysics & Space Science