The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Co-financing Lifelong Learning
Towards a Systemic Approach
Lifelong learning is not yet a reality for all. Economic and financial factors continue to limit opportunities in ways that are neither efficient nor equitable. Part of the problem is that our societies still have the habit of viewing learning as something for the young, something that is state supported. There are deep-seated institutional and policy biases against investment in human capital. But promising signs of change have emerged in the past few years, including initiatives that make it easier for private and public actors to co-invest in lifelong learning. However, they do not yet represent systemic change.
This report summarises the important economic and financial challenges that lifelong learning poses. It reviews recent experience with initiatives to facilitate the co-financing of lifelong learning. It also takes stock of the political debate on the subject and explores the systemic changes needed for society to claim that lifelong learning is a reality for all.
This report draws on the proceedings of the international conference, “A Systemic Approach to Co-financing Lifelong Learning”, held in Bonn Germany in October 2003 and on work that the OECD has carried out in co-operation with the European Learning Account Partnership Network.
146 pages; ISBN 9789264018129
, or download in
More from this author
- Sustainable Development in OECD Countries2005US$ 33.00194 pages
- Trade and Competitiveness in Argentina, Brazil and Chile2004US$ 58.00234 pages
Understanding by Design, Expanded 2nd Edition 2005 US$ 32.95 383 pages
Energizing Brain Breaks 2013 US$ 19.95 65 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Moral and religious education > Religion and education. Education under church control > Christian education. Church education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Forms of education > Private school education
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education extension. Adult education. Continuing education