The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Safe and Sustainable Transport: A Matter of Quality Assurance
Road safety is generally a mixture of three components, namely, the road, the vehicle and the driver, or, as also referred to by the ECMT, the infrastructure, the vehicle and human behaviour. Promotion of road safety is more and more possible only through a larger scope of interest -- environment, sustainability, and quality of life. In the future, an efficient road transport system should provide a safe and sustainable accessibility.
The idea of organising a seminar came from a presentation by a Swedish representative of the "Vision Zero" programme, adopted by the Swedish Parliament in autumn 1997. The basic idea of "Vision Zero" is that no person should be killed or seriously and permanently impaired in a road traffic accident.
At the invitation of the Czech authorities, the seminar was held in March 2002 in Prague. Many governmental and non governmental organisations responsible for road safety policies and work participated in the event.
224 pages; ISBN 9789282113042
, or download in
More from this author
- Geographical Distribution of Financial Flows to Aid Recipients 1999/20032005US$ 126.00328 pages
- Statistical Report on Road Accidents2003US$ 44.00124 pages
Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge 2009 US$ 19.95 471 pages
FAR/AIM 2013 2012 US$ 9.99 1115 pages
Turbo: Real World High-Performance Turbocharger Systems 2008 US$ 19.99 160 pages
Around the World in a Bad Mood! 2012 US$ 3.99 208 pages
- Academic > Economics > Transportation and communications > Water transportation > Shipping
- Academic > Economics > Transportation and communications > Automotive transportation
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development
- Transportation > Sustainable & Energy Efficient Transportation
- The Environment
- Health & Fitness