The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Safe and Sustainable Transport: A Matter of Quality Assurance
Road safety is generally a mixture of three components, namely, the road, the vehicle and the driver, or, as also referred to by the ECMT, the infrastructure, the vehicle and human behaviour. Promotion of road safety is more and more possible only through a larger scope of interest -- environment, sustainability, and quality of life. In the future, an efficient road transport system should provide a safe and sustainable accessibility.
The idea of organising a seminar came from a presentation by a Swedish representative of the "Vision Zero" programme, adopted by the Swedish Parliament in autumn 1997. The basic idea of "Vision Zero" is that no person should be killed or seriously and permanently impaired in a road traffic accident.
At the invitation of the Czech authorities, the seminar was held in March 2002 in Prague. Many governmental and non governmental organisations responsible for road safety policies and work participated in the event.
224 pages; ISBN 9789282113042
, or download in
More from this author
- Sustainable Development in OECD Countries2005US$ 33.00194 pages
- Trade and Competitiveness in Argentina, Brazil and Chile2004US$ 58.00234 pages
- Academic > Economics > Transportation and communications > Water transportation > Shipping
- Academic > Economics > Transportation and communications > Automotive transportation
- Political Science > City Planning & Urban Development
- Transportation > Sustainable & Energy Efficient Transportation
- The Environment
- Health & Fitness