The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Bipolar Disorder For Dummies
Bipolar Disorder For Dummies reveals some of the causes and consequences of bipolar disorder, let you in on some crisis survival strategies, and describe ways that friends and family members can support loved ones who have the disease. The book includes an overview of the causes and symptoms of bipolar disorder, explains step-by-step how to obtain an accurate diagnosis, discusses the medications available, and tells what you can and can't do to help someone with the disease. You'll learn:
- The different categories and potential causes of bipolar disorder
- How to select the right mental health specialist
- Managing employment-related issues brought on because of the disorder
- How bipolar disorder affects children
- Advocating for yourself or a loved one
- Planning ahead for manic and depressive episodes
- Selecting the best medications for you—including alternative "natural" treatments
- How to survive an immediate crisis situation
- Identifying triggers and mapping your moods
Complete with fill-in-the-blanks forms and charts, key web site and email addresses, and first-hand accounts from real people, Bipolar Disorder For Dummies gives you the latest information and self-help strategies you and your loved ones need to help everyone affected feel a whole lot better.