The Minds of Boys
Saving Our Sons From Falling Behind in School and Life
Here are the facts:
- Boys today are simply not learning as well as girls
- Boys receive 70% of the Ds and Fs given all students
- Boys cause 90% of classroom discipline problems
- 80% of all high school dropouts are boys
- Millions of American boys are on Ritalin and other mind-bendingcontrol drugs
- Only 40% of college students are boys
- And three out of four learning disabled students are boys
Gurian has the answer in this enormously fascinating andpractical book which shows parents and teachers how to help boysovercome their current classroom obstacles by helping to create theproper learning environment, understand how to help boys work withtheir unique natural gifts, nurture and expand every bit of theirpotential, and enabling them to succeed in life the way they oughtto.
Gurian presents a whole new way of solving the problem based onthe success of his program in schools across the country, thelatest research and application of neuro-biological research on howboys' brains actually work and how they can learn very well ifthey're properly taught.
Anyone who cares about the future of our boys must read thisbook.
, or download in or
Title: The Minds of Boys
Author: Michael Gurian; Kathy Stevens
Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man, Expanded Edition 2014 US$ 7.99 288 pages
The Joy of Sex 2013 US$ 13.99 288 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Men. Boys
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Compulsory education
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Child
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Adolescent
- Family & Relationships > Parenting
- Social Science