The Minds of Boys
Saving Our Sons From Falling Behind in School and Life
Here are the facts:
- Boys today are simply not learning as well as girls
- Boys receive 70% of the Ds and Fs given all students
- Boys cause 90% of classroom discipline problems
- 80% of all high school dropouts are boys
- Millions of American boys are on Ritalin and other mind-bending control drugs
- Only 40% of college students are boys
- And three out of four learning disabled students are boys
Gurian has the answer in this enormously fascinating and practical book which shows parents and teachers how to help boys overcome their current classroom obstacles by helping to create the proper learning environment, understand how to help boys work with their unique natural gifts, nurture and expand every bit of their potential, and enabling them to succeed in life the way they ought to.
Gurian presents a whole new way of solving the problem based on the success of his program in schools across the country, the latest research and application of neuro-biological research on how boys' brains actually work and how they can learn very well if they're properly taught.
Anyone who cares about the future of our boys must read this book.
, or download in or
Title: The Minds of Boys
Author: Michael Gurian; Kathy Stevens
How To Win Friends and Influence People 2010 US$ 10.99 320 pages
He's Just Not That Into You 2004 US$ 10.99 1 pages
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Men. Boys
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Compulsory education
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Child
- Psychology & Psychiatry > Developmental > Adolescent
- Family & Relationships > Parenting
- Social Science