The Organized Student

Teaching Children the Skills for Success in School and Beyond

The Organized Student by Donna Goldberg
A must-read for parents, The Organized Student contains hands-on strategies for teaching your disorganized child how to organize for success in middle school and high school, with special tips for kids with ADD/ADHD and learning disorders.

The overstuffed backpack, the missing homework, the unused planner, the test he didn’t know about. Sound familiar? When the disorganized child meets the departmentalized structure of middle school, everything can fall apart. Even the academically successful child will start to falter if she misses deadlines, loses textbooks, or can’t get to class on time.

This practical book is full of hands-on strategies for helping parents identify and teach organizational skills. Educational consultant Donna Goldberg has developed these methods by working with hundreds of students and in this book she provides:

· Assessments to gather information about your child’s learning style, study habits, and school requirements
· Guidelines for taming that overstuffed binder and keeping it under control
· PACK—a four-step plan for purging and reassembling a backpack or locker
· Instructions for organizing an at-home work space for the child who studies at a desk or the child who studies all over the house
· Ways to help your child graduate from telling time to managing time
· Special tips for kids with learning disabilities and kids who have two homes...and more

The Organized Student is a must for any parent who has heard the words, “I can’t find my homework!”
Touchstone; August 2005
Download in secure EPUB
Title: The Organized Student
Author: Donna Goldberg; Jennifer Zwiebel

Buy, download and read The Organized Student (eBook) by Donna Goldberg; Jennifer Zwiebel today!