Breaking Into Advertising and Staying There
Authors Nancy Vonk and Janet Kestin are seasoned creative directors and longtime creative partners. In Pick Me, these industry leaders answer your toughest ad career questions, like:
- Is advertising right for me?
- How do I build a killer portfolio?
- How do I get an interview with the elusive creative director?
- Should I accept an unpaid internship?
- How do I find the right partner?
- How do I beat creative block?
- How do I avoid burnout?
Plus, fourteen industry superstars share their insights and explain how they broke into the business. You'll hear from Bob Barrie, Rick Boyko, David Droga, Mark Fenske, Neil French, Sally Hogshead, Mike Hughes, Shane Hutton, Brian Millar, Tom Monahan, Chuck Porter, Bob Scarpelli, Chris Staples, and Lorraine Tao.
Forget the clichés this is advertising as it really is. If you're hell-bent on making it, this informative guide will put you on track for a career in one of the most exciting businesses on the planet.
Title: Pick Me
Author: Nancy Vonk; Janet Kestin