- New edition of a text which is popular with both students, academics and practitioners.
- Gives the reader an appreciation of the concepts and principles of TQM.
- Serves as an authoritative source of reference for the many associated tools, techniques and systems.
- Now extensively revised in order to reflect recent developments in the field.
- New to the fourth edition are chapters on The Received Wisdom on TQM, Old Economy Businesses and the Quality Function, and Integrated Management Systems.
- The fourth edition also includes the latest information on ISO 9000 series of standards service management and the Excellence Model.
- Some of the material has been re-ordered and changes to terminology have been made in order to bring the book completely up to date.
Title: Managing Quality
Author: Barrie G. Dale
List Of Tables.
List Of Contributors.
Glossary Of Terms.
Part I: The Development, Introduction and Sustaining of Total Quality Management:.
Total Quality Management: An Overview: Barrie G. Dale.
The Role Of Management In Total Quality Management: Barrie G. Dale.
The Received Wisdom On Total Quality Management: Barrie G. Dale.
The Introduction Of Total Quality Management: Barrie G. Dale.
A Framework For The Introduction Of Total Quality Management: Barrie G. Dale.
Levels Of Total Quality Management Adoption: Barrie G. Dale And David Lascelles (Managing Director), David Lascelles Associates, Manchester, UK.
Sustaining Total Quality Management: Barrie G. Dale.
Part II: The Business Context of Total Quality Management:.
Policy Deployment: Roy Lee (Squadron Leader, Support Management Group), Royal Air Force, Wyton, UK, And Barrie G. Dale.
Quality Costing: Barrie G. Dale.
Managing Human Resources For Quality Management: Adrian Wilkinson (Professor Of Human Resource Management), University Of Loughborough, UK, And Alan Brown (Professor Of Human Resource Management), Edith Cowan University, Australia.
Managing Service Quality: Barbara R. Lewis (Professor Of Marketing), Manchester School Of Management, UMIST.
Supplier Development: Bernard Burnes (Senior Lecturer In Operations Management), Manchester School Of Management, UMIST And Barrie G. Dale.
Business To Business, Old Economy Businesses And The Quality Function: Roger Williams (Professor Of Business And Management), Erasmus University, Holland, And Rolf Visser (Chair), AAA (Investment Company), Amsterdam, Holland.
Part III: Quality Management Systems, Tools and Techniques:.
Quality Management Systems: Barrie G. Dale.
Integrated Management Systems: George Wilkinson (Former Operations Manager), British Telecom, And Barrie G. Dale.
Tools And Techniques: An Overview: Barrie G. Dale.
Quality Function Deployment: Ian Ferguson (Managing Director), Ferguson Associates, Birmingham, UK, And Barrie G. Dale.
Design Of Experiments: Ian Ferguson (Managing Director), Ferguson Associates, Birmingham, UK, And Barrie G. Dale.
Failure Mode And Effects Analysis: John Aldrige (Quality Manager), Siemens Standard Drives, Congleton, UK, And Barrie G. Dale.
Statistical Process Control: Barrie G. Dale And Peter Shaw (TQM Project Officer), Manchester School Of Management, UMIST, UK.
Benchmarking: Rory Love (Quality Engineer), Alexanders Ltd, Falkirk, UK And Barrie G. Dale.
Business Process Re-Engineering: John Macdonald (Managing Director), John Macdonald Associates, Surrey, UK, And Barrie G. Dale.
Teams And Teamwork: Barrie G. Dale.
Self-Assessment, Models And Quality Awards: Barrie G. Dale.
Part IV: Total Quality Management Through Continuous Improvement:.
Epilogue: Barrie G. Dale.