The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
In Print and Online
This text examines and explains the job of the magazine editor in both its journalistic and managerial aspects. Written by an experienced journalist and former editor, it draws upon the experiences of a number of magazine professionals who were interviewed for this book. Approaching the editorial role from a practical perspective, this book provides advice on such areas as: becoming an editor; working with publishers; creating a successful editorial strategy; managing the editorial team; design and production issues; drawing up an editorial budget; the legal framework; new technology and on-line publishing. John Morrish's book should serve as both an introduction to aspiring or newly-appointed editors and also as a source of information to those who have more experience. It will be of use to those working on a range of publications including consumer and trade titles, weeklies and monthlies, advertising and circulation-driven titles.
, or download in or
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > Technique. Practical journalism
- Academic > Literature > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > Magazines and other periodicals
- Media > Publishing
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Journalism
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Publishing
- Business > Industries
- Social Science