The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
Fundamentals of Homeostasis
Written by experienced nurse lecturers and a theatre nurse, Perioperative Practice highlights and explains the biological processes which can be disrupted by a major surgical procedure. Using the concept of homeostasis as a framework, the authors look at issues common to all surgical procedures such as the influence of anaesthesia on the nervous system or perioperative pain management. Individual chapters cover:
- the human body and principles of homeostasis
- the surgical approach and endoscopic procedures
- perioperative influences on body fluid homeostasis
- perioperative influences on immunological homeostasis and wound healing
- perioperative influences on cardiovascular homeostasis
- perioperative influences on respiratory homeostasis
- anaesthesia, stress and surgery
- pain and pain relief in the perioperative patient.
Generously illustrated in colour and black and white, the text features further learning activities and useful summaries of key points. It provides an important resource and supporting text for all nurses undertaking courses in theatre work or related areas or already working in such areas.
304 pages; ISBN 9781134570195
, or download in
Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation 2011 US$ 55.95 347 pages
Survival of the Sickest 2009 US$ 11.49 304 pages
Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors (The Orange Guide) 2014 US$ 126.56 641 pages
The Human Brain Book 2009 US$ 40.00 266 pages