The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Beginning Visual Basic 2005 Databases
With this teaching tool, you'll learn how to use queries, views, and stored procedures to efficiently access and manipulate data from your applications. You'll get a firm grasp on using ADO.NET as well as OleDb, SQL, and Oracle to access specific databases. Plus, hands-on examples and try-it-out exercises help you put your reading into practice so that with each chapter, you'll gradually build the pieces of a single application.
What you will learn from this book
- How ADO.NET continues to evolve as a building block for accessing and manipulating data in relational databases
- Ways to encrypt and decrypt data, hash passwords, and further secure access to your data
- Techniques for accessing your Web Service from both Windows(r) and Web applications
- Best practices for using business logic and data access components to produce report data or update data in your back-end databases
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who want to learn to write database applications and back-end databases, such as Microsoft(r) Access, Microsoft(r) SQL Server, and Oracle(r). Some experience with Visual Basic 2005 is helpful but not required.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
765 pages; ISBN 9780471759263
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Web databases
- Computers > Programming Languages > Visual Basic