Multiliteracies: Lit Learning
Multiliteracies considers the future of literacy teaching in the context of the rapidly changing English language. Questions are raised about what constitutes appropriate literacy teaching in today's world: a world that is both a global village yet one which local diversity is increasingly important.
This is a coherent and accessible overview of the work of the New London Group, with well-known international contributors bringing together their varying national experiences and differences of theoretical and political emphasis. The essays deal with issues such as:
- the fundamental premises of literacy pedagogy
- the effects of technological change
- multilingualism and cultual diversity
- social futures and their implications on language teaching.
The book concludes with case studies of attempts to put the theories into practice and thereby provides a basis for dialogue with fellow educators around the world.
368 pages; ISBN 9781134611836
, or download in or
Title: Multiliteracies: Lit Learning
Author: Bill Cope; Mary Kalantzis
More Language Arts
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Education of special classes of persons > Women. Girls
- Academic > Education > Special aspects of education > Social aspects of education > Literacy. Illiteracy
- Education > Teaching Methods & Materials
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Linguistics
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Literacy
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Study & Teaching