The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader...
Professional ADO.NET 2
Programming with SQL Server 2005, Oracle, and MySQL
Packed with sample code and recommended best practices for using ADO.NET 2, this code-intensive book explores the new data types that are available in the 2.0 Framework and discusses the appropriate time and way to use them. You'll learn how to make repetitive, mundane tasks much simpler and you'll walk away with a solid foundation for developing database-driven applications.
What you will learn from this book
- The basics of creating a connection, executing a query, and returning a result
- Best uses for Oracle in the ADO.NET Framework
- The many new features that are available for XML
- How to use the full text search capabilities of Microsoft(r) SQL Server 2005
- Methods for retrieving data and presenting it in various ways
- Why MySQL is a viable option for data storage
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced database developers who want to learn the latest release of ADO.NET 2.0. Knowledge of ADO.NET 1.0, general .NET development, and Microsoft SQL Server is necessary.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
644 pages; ISBN 9780471779155
, or download in
More from this author
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Database management
- Academic > Computer Science > Data warehousing
- Computers > Programming Languages > SQL
- Computers > Database Management
- Computers > Business Software