Visual Basic 2005 Database Programming
First, I'll begin with ADO.NET 2.0 basics, then I'll move on to designing and programming smart clients with typed DataSets as their data sources. Gradually, I'll walk you through using DataSource, GridView, and DetailsView Web controls. Finally, I'll demonstrate how to take advantage of the new T-SQL extensions, in-process Web services, and notifications.
What you will learn from this book
- How to build usable Windows® and Web forms from a sample database in less than five minutes—without writing a line of code
- Effective writing of data validation code for bound text boxes and DataGridViews
- Ways to apply advanced ASP.NET 2.0 data techniques
- The process of creating and deploying VB 2005 SQL CLR projects
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced VB programmers who are upgrading from VB6 or VS 2002/2003 to VB 2005. Basic familiarity with the VS 2005 or VB Express 2005 environment is helpful but not assumed. No prior VB6, VBA, or VBScript experience is necessary.
Wrox Expert One-On-One books present the wisdom accumulated by an experienced author who is recognized as an expert by the programming community. These experts challenge professional developers to examine their current practices in pursuit of better results.
Title: Expert One-on-One
Author: Roger Jennings
Java For Everyone 2012 US$ 52.00 831 pages
- Academic > Mathematics > General > Mathematics
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Academic > Computer Science > Computers - special aspects
- Academic > Computer Science > System design; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Database management
- Academic > Mathematics > Instruments and machines
- Academic > Mathematics > Geometry. Trigonometry.Topology
- Computers > Programming Languages > Visual Basic
- Computers > Networking