Freelancing for Television and Radio
From an experienced author in the field, this indispensable guide presents everything needed to create and maintain a successful freelancing career in the world of television and radio.
Whether the reader is studying the field, considering their options, or currently employed as a freelance media professional, this book not only gives a brief overview of all areas, but also explains what it means to be freelance in the world of the audio-visual industry.
Drawing upon real-life experiences of freelancers and freelance employers, all aspects of the job are detailed, from an outline of tax and employment issues to an analysis of the skills needed to succeed, and all the pitfalls, problems and opportunities which a career in this sector affords are clearly presented.
- practical advice on how to start, where to find work, writing your CV and networking
- assessments of related sectors and their opportunities, e.g. facilities and video production
- an important section on developing and maintaining a freelance career
- key information on the challenges and responsibilities of setting up a small business
- a significant chapter on the basics of writing and submitting programme proposals to broadcasters
- useful contact information.
Freelancing for TV and Radio is an absolute must for students of media studies and anyone considering, or already building a career in this hugely popular and fast-growing industry.
144 pages; ISBN 9781134326730
, or download in
Title: Freelancing for Television and Radio
Author: Leslie Mitchell
More Language Arts
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > General works
- Academic > Performing Arts > Theater > Comedy > Special topics
- Academic > Literature > Drama > Special types
- Academic > Literature > Authorship > Technique. Literary composition, etc.
- Academic > Performing Arts > Motion Pictures > Broadcasting
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Media > Media Careers
- Media > Radio
- Media > Television
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Performing Arts > Radio
- Education > Vocational Guidance
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Journalism