Visual Basic .NET is the latest version of the most widely used programming language in the world, popular with professional developers and complete beginners alike. This book will teach you Visual Basic .NET from first principles. You'll quickly and easily learn how to write Visual Basic .NET code and create attractive windows and forms for the users of your applications. To get you started on the road to professional development, you'll also learn about object-oriented programming, creating your own controls, working with databases, creating menus, and working with graphics.
This second edition has been thoroughly tested on the full release version of .NET. The book is written in the proven Wrox beginning style with clear explanations and plenty of code samples. Every new concept is explained thoroughly with Try It Out examples and there are end-of-chapter questions to test yourself.
What does this book cover?
In this book, you will learn how to
- Install Visual Basic .NET
- Write Visual Basic .NET code
- Understand what the .NET Framework is and why it's important
- Control the flow through your application with loops and branching structures
- Create useful windows and screens
- Create your own menus
- Gain a complete understanding of object-oriented programming
- Work with graphics
- Create your own controls
- Access databases with ADO.NET
- Create applications for the Web
Who is this book for?
This book is aimed at readers who wish to learn to program using Visual Basic .NET. It assumes you have no prior experience of programming, but moves at a fast enough pace to be interesting if you have programmed in another language.
880 pages; ISBN 9780764558696
, or download in
Title: Beginning VB.NET
Author: Richard Blair; Jonathan Crossland; Matthew Reynolds; Thearon Willis
The Innovators 2014 US$ 16.99 528 pages
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > C ; Periodicals
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > Bertrand
- Academic > Computer Science > Programming languages > BASIC
- Academic > Computer Science > Computer science
- Academic > Computer Science > Electronic data processing
- Computers > Programming Languages > Visual Basic
- Computers > Programming