The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Theory and Practice
Key features include:
- A section on financial analysis – a Corporate Financier must understand a company based on a detailed analysis of its accounts. Large numbers neglected this approach during the last stock market bubble and were caught in the crash that inevitably followed. How many investors took the trouble to read Enron’s annual report? Those who did found that it spoke volumes!
- End of Chapter Summary, Questions and Answers, Glossary, European Case Studies
- A supporting Website http://www.vernimmen.com with free access to statistics, a glossary & lexicon; articles, notes on financial transactions, basic financial figures for more than 10,000 European and US listed companies, thesis topics, a bibliography; case studies, Q&A; A letter box for your questions to the authors – a reply guaranteed within 72 hours!
- A free monthly newsletter on Corporate Finance sent out to subscribers to the site.
- The book, the website www.vernimmen.com and the Vernimmen.com newsletter are all written and created by an author team who are both investment bankers/corporate financiers and academics.
"Impressive book for finance professionals - Probably the best recently published Corporate Finance book with a truly European emphasis. The balance between theory and practice makes this book an excellent tool for Investment Bankers and other finance professionals, as it covers both basic as well as more sophisticated topics. Particularly impressive is their commitment to continuously updating material, as well as the regular publication of a newsletter containing timely articles on various current finance topics. The possibility of asking questions to the authors and effectively receiving in-depth answers for free is a very valuable feature. I sincerely recommend this text." Amazon.co.uk 31 October 2005
"An excellent book for all business students - For a few months already, the Vernimmen.com website had been helping me for my finance class, as well as the monthly newsletter. I finally bought the book, and I have not been disappointed: the style is clear, very practical ; theories are mixed with real cases, which makes them easy to understand. Valuation techniques are well explained (discounted cash flow methods, methods based on ratios). Fundamental concepts (accounting, finance, financial markets) are recalled in the first part; when more complex concepts are tackled (investment analysis, LBOs, capital structure...), they are explained with lots of simplicity and conciseness.
I recommend this book for every student in Management or Finance!"
Amazon.co.uk 30 July 2005