Ajax For Dummies
Even if you weren’t intimidated before, that tidbit is probably enough to make you reach for the Excedrin. Just reach for Ajax For Dummies instead. With screen shots, actual code and explanations, and live Web sites where you can see Ajax applications doing their thing, it will have you using Ajax to create Web applications that look an act like desktop applications in no time. With Ajax, you can speed up and clean up your Web applications. Shoppers at your online store can fill their carts without waiting for multiple page refreshes. Searchers on your sites can get instant results on the same page.
- Writing some Ajax, interactive mouseovers using Ajax, passing data to the server with GET or POST, and more
- Connecting to Google for a live search
- Using free Ajax frameworks so you don’t have to start from scratch, including Ajax Gold (written specifically for this book), AJAXLib, and grabbing XML with libXmlRequest
- All kinds of Ajax techniques, such as using Ajax for drag-and-drop operations, pop-up menus, downloading images behind the scenes, and more
- Using SACK (simple AJAX code kit), decoding XML with Sarissa, and creating visual effects with Rico
- Handling XML int Ajax Applications
- Working with cascading style sheets (CCS) in Ajax, including setting up the styles, displaying a menu, styling text, handling colors and backgrounds, and more
- Working with Ajax and PHP
Complete with a companion Web site, free Ajax frameworks, and sample code you can use, Ajax for Dummies is your friendly guide to creating truly user-friendly Web sites!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.
381 pages; ISBN 9780470038093
, or download in
Title: Ajax For Dummies
Author: Steve Holzner
QuickBooks 2015: The Best Guide for Small Business 2015 US$ 30.00 465 pages
Hadoop: The Definitive Guide 2012 US$ 39.99 688 pages