News by Jackie Harrison

From an author highly knowledgeable in the field, News is a handy and accessible guide that examines the history of news, both as newspapers and radio, and as entertainment and information, and introduces students to the key concepts and issues that surround the news.

Using up-to-date case examples such as the Hutton Report and embedded journalists, from across a range of media including print, radio, television and the internet, Jackie Harrison explains the different theoretical approaches that have been used to study the news, as well as providing an accessible introduction to how news is produced and regulated, what counts as news, and how it is selected and presented.

Topics covered include:

• introduction to the concept of news
  • the growth and development of news
  • technology, concentration and competition
  • balancing freedom and responisibility
  • regulatory control of the news
  • making the news.

Written in a clear and lively style, News is the ideal introductory book for students of media, communication and journalism.

Taylor and Francis; November 2005
Title: News
Author: Jackie Harrison

• Contents
Townhouses unnamed for 30 years will be named after former city employee Monday - Southgate News Herald
Sun, 18 Sep 2016 13:37:30 -0700
Southgate News HeraldTownhouses unnamed for 30 years will be named after former city employee MondaySouthgate News HeraldFor ...
Trenton man accused of torturing, killing ex-girlfriend's dogs charged with three felonies - Southgate News Herald
Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:56:02 -0700
Southgate News HeraldTrenton man accused of torturing, killing ex-girlfriend's dogs charged with three feloniesSouthgate ...
Woodhaven High school athletic field gets nearly $500000 upgrade - Southgate News Herald
Tue, 02 Aug 2016 10:17:51 -0700
Southgate News HeraldWoodhaven High school athletic field gets nearly $500000 upgradeSouthgate News HeraldThat money they would ...