The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
The Newspapers Handbook
Fully revised and updated, The Newspapers Handbook remains the essential guide to working as a newspaper journalist. It examines the ever-changing, everyday skills of newspaper reporting and explores the theoretical, ethical and political dimensions of a journalist’s job.
Using a range of new examples from tabloid, compact and broadsheet newspapers, non-mainstream and local publications, Richard Keeble examines key journalistic skills such as the art of interviewing, news reporting, reviewing, feature writing, using the Internet and freelancing.
New chapters from John Turner, Nick Nuttall and Mark Hanna explore the specializms of local and national government reporting, investigative journalism and covering the courts.
The Newspapers Handbook includes:
- interviews with journalists about their working practices
- examples of writing from a range of recent publications
- a guide to training and career opportunities
- the importance of new technologies for the newspaper industry
- an updated glossary of key terms and a revised bibliography.
The Newspapers Handbook encourages a critical approach to newspaper practice, and maintains its standing as a must-have student and professional resource.
310 pages; ISBN 9781134329182
, or download in
More from this author
More Language Arts
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > Technique. Practical journalism
- Academic > Literature > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > Technique. Practical journalism
- Media > Publishing
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Journalism
- Social Science