The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry ...
The Creation of a Roman Province
This book completely re-evaluates the evidence for, and the interpretation of, the rule of the kings of Late Iron Age Britain: Cunobelin and Verica.
Within a few generations of their reigns, after one died and the other had fled, Rome’s ceremonial centres had been transformed into the magnificence of Roman towns with monumental public buildings and Britannia examines these kings’ long-lasting legacy in the creation of Britannia.
Among the topics considered are:
- the links between Iron Age king of Britain and Rome before the Claudian conquest
- the creation of the towns of Roman Britain
- the different natures of 'Roman identity'
- the long lasting influence of the kings on the development of the province
- the widely different ways that archaeologists have read the evidence.
Examining the kings' legacy in the creation of the Roman province of Britannia, the book examines the interface of two worlds and how much each owed to the other.
192 pages; ISBN 9781134318391
, or download in or
History for the IB Diploma: Civil Rights and Social Movements in the Americas 2012 US$ 16.00 242 pages
Twelve Years a Slave 2013 US$ 0.99 352 pages
- Academic > History > History of Great Britain > England > History > Antiquities. Social life and customs. Ethnography > Early and medieval to 1485
- Academic > History > History of Great Britain > British Empire. Commonwealth of Nations. The Commonwealth
- History > Ancient > Rome
- History > Great Britain