A Critical Introduction
Print Journalism provides an up-to-date overview of the skills needed to work within the newspaper and magazine industries.
This critical approach to newspaper and magazine practice highlights historical, theoretical, ethical and political debates and includes tips on the everyday skills of newspaper and magazine journalists, as well as tips for online writing and production.
Crucial skills highlighted include:
- sourcing the news
- sub editing
- feature writing and editing
- designing pages
- pitching features
In addition separate chapters focus on ethics, reporting courts, covering politics and copyright whilst others look at the history of newspapers and magazines, the structure of the UK print industry (including its financial organization) and the development of journalism education in the UK, helping to place the coverage of skills within a broader, critical context.
All contributors are experienced practicing journalists as well as journalism educators from a broad range of UK universities.
368 pages; ISBN 9781134243495
, or download in or
Title: Print Journalism
Author: Richard Keeble
More Language Arts
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > Technique. Practical journalism
- Academic > Journalism and Media > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > Magazines and other periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Journalism. The periodical press, etc. > Technique. Practical journalism
- Academic > Literature > Literary history > Biography
- Academic > Literature > Periodicals
- Academic > Literature > Theory. Philosophy. Esthetics
- Media > Journalism
- Media > Publishing
- Current Events > Mass Media
- Language Arts & Disciplines > Journalism