The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, Sony Reader ...
Natural Arsenic in Groundwater
Proceedings of the Pre-Congress Workshop "Natural Arsenic in Groundwater", 32nd International Geological Congress, Florence, Italy, 18-19 August 2004
Arsenic contamination has become a global phenomenon. With the development of advanced technological detection tools, more geographical areas have been identified. The people most affected are those in the poorer socio-economic groups. The research articles in this book have been contributed by scientists working in areas severely affected by these difficulties. The book includes an assessment of environmental health risks and economic impacts, and the technologies available for dealing with the problem. Written in a straightforward style, the book is designed to update knowledge on the dynamics of natural arsenic from the aquifers through groundwater to the food chain. It outlines efficient techniques for arsenic removal and inform administrators, policy makers and company executives, and aims to increase awareness of the problem.
356 pages; ISBN 9781134210817
, or download in
More from this author
- Geothermal Energy Resources for Developing Countries2002US$ 241.00
- Groundwater for Sustainable Development2007US$ 231.00
- Academic > Earth Sciences > Environmental technology. Sanitary engineering > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes > Water pollution
- Academic > Engineering > Environmental technology > Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes
- The Environment > Nature
- Nature > Environmental Conservation & Protection